Thursday, July 17, 2008

Chicago Trip!

Well, Matt and I spent 5 days in Chicago, thanks to a brief act of generosity by my boss. This doesn't happen often, so we jumped at it.
Anyhoo ... I packed all my stuff for the trip, put my nice camera in the car since I have yet to take really nice pics in Chiacgo, and drove to the airport.

Mid-flight I realize I didn't remember to get my camera out of the car. So, my only option was to buy one of those one-time use disposable digital cameras at CVS. Even worse, the viewfinder was off, so nothing centered as I wanted it. The good thing is that it was digital, so I could at least retake if need be, but the screen was hard to see.

ANYHOO ... these are the pics we got.
We arrived Monday and Matt got really sick after getting off the plane. Turns out he was hungry (as I said he was) and felt better after our favorite Chicago deep dish pizza joint, Giordanos.
I was going to write a narrative about what all we did on our trip, but I'll just do a day-to-day list as I'm at work and pressed for time.

Monday - arrived, pizza @ Giordanos, hung out at Millenium Park, rented Untraceable at the hotel.
Tuesday - delicious crepe breakfast at "our" crepe shop, thenshopping on Michigan Avenue, and in the evening we saw the musical WICKED. (No photography allowed :( But it was SOOOO cool!!! Dad said Matt needed to "man up", implying it was girly, but he loved it too!
Wednesday - Chinatown! Good Chinese lunch, cheap shopping (whoo!), then headed to the Navy Pier (gorgeous!) to walk around and then see the Cirque Shanghai Gold. That was the coolest show ... so neat! No photography allowed there either but I put my finger over the flash and got a couple of lame pics anyway. Oh, and we went to the Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurant - well, we WENT, but we didn't eat. 2 hour wait? No thanks.
Thursday - Just walked around and enjoyed the town. It rained in the late afternoon, but we'd bought some cards, so we literally spent hours in the hotel playing cards and looking out the window of our 33rd floor room. We ordered pizza that night. Yum yum.
Friday - the weather was perfect again, so we spent our last day there just checking out the area again. We are nerdy, so we just enjoyed feeding the pigeons for over an hour and people watching at the park.

The trip was a success, and we just love it there!


Here are some of my not-so-professional pics ... but we had a blast!!!

















3 comments:

Home as Hobby said...

Great pics! Can't wait for us to go. You are retarted!

Home as Hobby said...

Okay, when are you going to update your friggin' blog? I can't comment if you don't UPDATE!
Hee hee. Had fun today. Thanks for coming!

The Moffitt's said...

great pic of mat with the hottie in the background.